Banner Art Studio is pleased to help welcome Fort Lewis College students back to school with this fall with the custom, hand-sewn border applique across-the-street banner shown above in downtown Durango. The public liberal arts college in Colorado is hosting Welcome Week for its students August 27 – 31 featuring events and activities daily to give new and returning students a chance to meet each other and get to know the campus.
We are also currently working on this year’s banners for the College’s Family Weekend, held in early October when the campus is in full swing and the beautiful golden aspen leaves are at their peak.
Finally, we are proud to create banners for Fort Lewis College’s festival of Native American Culture, the 2013 Hozhoni Days Powwow & Pageant. The Navajo name meaning “Days of Beauty” includes a month of pageantry, speakers, powwowing, and celebration of cultures that is Fort Lewis College’s longest-standing student-led tradition.
Did you know:
- Banner Art Studio has a 30 year track record of success helping schools, colleges and universities create a sense of community with custom art and banners.
- Not only do we create beautiful, light-translucent across-the-street banners like the one shown above, we are also expert at crafting large-scale atrium art and kinetic art mobiles for indoor architectural spaces. Read about the colorful mobile we created for Graceland University in Lamoni Iowa, or our atrium display for Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling West Virginia.
Art in schools and universities:
- creates a sense of community and pride
- is educational for students
- can deliver behavioral expectations
- enhances your school’s aesthetic
- brightens large open spaces, and
- creates a positive learning environment for students.
See a list of schools, colleges and universities we have worked with – and photography of what we have created for them – here.
Learn more about Banner Art’s “educational art” and banners for children here.
Contact Us today to start the discussion about your organization’s project or idea. We have a broad, inspiring portfolio, and our talent is to bring your unique idea to life.